You will be able to
• communicate individually with residents;
• plan and/or implement group activities;
• assist in various activities including connecting with family members via Zoom;
• exercise, help to transport residents in wheelchairs;
• assist residents in daily activities: going for walks, reading and writing;
• sing, play cards or games with our residents.
We invite everyone who can, to dedicate some time to volunteering at Labdara Lithuanian Nursing Home. Remember that 1 hour per week can have a very significant impact.
We especially invite students who may be considering careers in healthcare to join us and to earn community volunteer hours.
As mandatory vaccination for all who work in long-term care homes comes into effect in November, there may be changes in staffing, and in planned activities for our residents. We need a strong group of volunteers to help minimize the impact of the changes on our residents. We anticipate that temporarily, life at Labdara will be different. With patience and respect for one another, we will come through this situation.
Please give the residents of Labdara the greatest gift – a little of your time!
If you wish to volunteer, please contact Lilijana Gavrilovic:
email@example.com 416-232-2112 ext. 403